Tuesday, October 27, 2009
People are stranded in Cainta,
province of Rizal , eastern . Manila
Aida De Leon grieves in
Pasig City , east of . Manila
An aerial view aboard a Philippine Air Force chopper shows devastation brought by Tropical Storm Ketsana in Cainta,
province of Rizal , eastern . Manila
Residents are evacuated by police boats during flooding in Cainta Rizal, east of
A Philippine Air Force aerial shot shows damaged houses in
, Metro Manila. More than 70 people were killed, Marikina City Manila was blacked out and airline flights were suspended as a powerful tropical storm battered the main Philippines . island of Luzon
Residents wait to be evacuated from a partially submerged house during flooding in Bocaue, north of
Thousands of people in the Philippine capital and nearby towns were marooned by flash floods after a strong tropical storm hit the main
, disaster officials said. island of Luzon
Residents cross a flooded street with the use of a rope in
. Quezon City
A boy is lifted onto the roof of a building to escape the flooding in the
Quezon City suburban of . Nearly a month's worth of rain fell in just six hours Saturday, triggering the worst flooding in the Philippine capital in 42 years, which stranded thousands on rooftops in the city and elsewhere. Manila
Residents clamber on electric wires to stay out of floodwaters while others wade neck-deep in Cainta Rizal, east of
A victim of floodings is rescued in
Pasig City , east of . Authorities rushed rescue and relief to thousands of people who spent the night on the roofs of their submerged houses in Manila and surrounding provinces. Manila
Commuters wade through waist-deep floodwaters after heavy rains dumped by Tropical Storm Ketsana (locally known as Ondoy) on Saturday, Sept. 26, in
. Manila , Philippines
1. Drink plenty of water.2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner
like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less
food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, , and Empathy.
5. Make time to practice meditation, , and prayer.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2008.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk,
11. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what
their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with
his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away
like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. .
Society25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your
friends will. Stay in touch.
Life32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I bet this is going to make you smile....
A little girl asked her mother: 'How did the human race appear?'
The mother answered, 'God made Adam and Eve;they had children; and so was all mankind made.'
Two days later the girl asked her father the same question.
The father answered, 'Many years ago there were monkeys from which the humanrace evolved..'
The confused girl returned to her mother and said,'Mom, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Dad said they developed from monkeys?'
The mother answered, 'Well, Dear, it is very simple.I told you about my side of the family, and your father told you about his.'